1 What is Equine Therapy for Groups
Group work is a supportive and perspective-building form of therapy and a way for participants know that they are not alone. When this group meets while interacting with horses through equine-assisted therapy, the sharing and bonding increases for more profound growth and healing.
What Equine Group Work Therapy Offers:
- An awareness of emotions that had previously been numbed by addiction
- Confidence and ability that comes from feeding and caring for a large animal
- A safe space for groups to share experiences and feelings
- Facilitation by a licensed and experienced therapist
- A clarity and unity that comes from being with nature and other sentient animals
- Development of trust, both with the animals and other humans
1 How it Works
Your group will meet at the stables where, together, you will spend time with the horses, grooming and feeding them and possibly leading them around the property while walking. During the entire session, Bianca will be there to facilitate therapeutic discussion and sharing.
2 What to Expect
You should expect to get a little dusty and feel some level of vulnerability. This may seem uncomfortable at first, but the presence of the horses along with Bianca’s understanding of emotion will make this easier than you may be used to.
photo: Unsplash-Dimitri Houtteman
3 Is Equine Therapy Right for Your Group
From addiction recovery to trauma survivors, equine-assisted group therapy has worked wonders. Your group may experience a more supportive bond due to the horses’ presence and sharing will go deeper due to the increased level of comfort that comes from having horses around.
4 Book a Session
If you have any questions on how equine therapy works for group healing or if this method is right for you, don’t hesitate to reach out to Bianca. You can also use the Book a Session page to schedule your treatment today.
Book a Session
|Equine Assisted Group Sessions|
|60-Minute Introductory Assessment|